Join us to investigate forces with this family-friendly session that gets children and adults exploring together.
About this Event
Big Science for Little Hands @ Home: Fantastic Forces
Join us for this fun workshop where we will investigate forces and how things move, stop, go faster, slower or sink! We will explore these science concepts through hands-on exploration and discovery.
Recommended for ages 4 - 8
This online session is activity-based. These are the materials you will need for this session:
- Toy car or anything on wheels
- A large book or any flat surface you can lift and move around
- A couple of blocks (that can hold up the flat surface to create a ramp)
- Hand towel or small mat
- Variety of recycled materials (collect your containers and cardboard!)
- Construction paper
- Straws (if possible)
- Marker pens
- A large container of water (wide enough to float and move an object around)
By registering for this session, you acknowledge that all discussion and participation are for educational purposes, ONLY. Please note that only children with parents present will be invited to turn their webcams on. For those families who choose to participate via webcam, please note that Science World will not be recording this session.
Please join the session on a computer to make use of all the features. For the safety and privacy of all participants the link you receive is just for you, thank you.