This event is for high school students only (including graduating grade 12 students).
Do you want to discover environmentally conscious choices you can make at home and learn about societal decisions pertaining to the environment?
Come together with other high school students from across Metro Vancouver in an exciting afternoon of Kahoot!, activities and conversations that explore sustainable city planning, personal food planning, environmental politics and ways to garden in confined spaces!
Every year, local change makers gather to engage high school students in thought-provoking discussions and hands-on experiences that ignite a passion to take community-based actions and build a thriving, sustainable future. This student-led gathering is Global Rewind, a FREE event co-hosted by Metro Vancouver's Youth4Action team and Science World's Teen Advisory Group.
During this event, participants will:
- 1pm: Introduce themselves, alongside the Youth4Action team and Teen Advisory Group.
- 1:10pm: Learn about the flow of the event at The Welcome Show, hosted by the Teen Advisory Group and Youth4Action team.
- 1:15pm: Hear from a featured guest speaker (5–10min) on the future of environmentally conscious decisions in Metro Vancouver.
- 1:30pm: Create a sustainable street, through an interactive online platform, and discuss what decisions can be made for more sustainable city planning.
- 2pm: Engage in one of three interactive workshops of your choice: Easy At-Home Gardening, Personal Food Planning or Discussions Exploring Sustainability in Canada post COVID-19 (no prior materials or experience required).
- 2:30pm: Share and hear ideas, inspirations and innovative strategies for tackling sustainability issues from the home to the community. You will receive access to resources to take action beyond this event.
- 3pm: Depart and inspire others beyond the event!
This event will be held on Zoom. A link will be be provided closer to the date.