Chemistry is all around us! The foods we eat, the clothes we wear, the materials we build with — they all contain chemicals.
Join students from the UBC Chemistry department for a variety of hands-on activities exploring the amazing world of chemistry from 11am-3pm in the Innovation Lab on Level 2!
Here are some exciting activities you can expect:
- Explore fun properties of silly putty
- Learn how to make a non Non-newtonian fluid out of cornstarch and waterthat behaves like both a solid and a liquid
- Dazzle at bubbles filled with carbon dioxide fog
- Make beautiful flowers by separating the chemical colours in marker ink using Chromatography
- Experiment with beads that change colour under ultraviolet light
- See how to build a lava lamp using Alka-seltzer