For Youth 13-18.
Prepare to be berry excited — the next Science World Extravagant Evening for Teens (SWEET), is all about food!
Let’s cut to the cheese.
Food is something that we all love and enjoy; but what really goes into our relationship with food? Where does our food come from? Why do we eat what we eat? What else can we do with food and its bi-products?
Find out at SWEET: FOOD! Join us for a delicious exploration of the science of food; experts in agriculture, sustainable eating, and food science will highlight what we can do for the future of food in a thriving, sustainable future.
You'll also get to taste some un-bee-lievable honey, talk about cookie chemistry, learn about food pairings and what to do with your food scraps, and finally understand what a superfood is!
- SFU Faculty of Science
- HoneyBee Centre
- UBC Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Flavourful Science
- BC Ministry of Agriculture
- Science World’s Future Science Leaders
- Science World’s Science Park Gallery Curator
- Science World's Teen Advisory Group!
- Metro Vancouver's Youth4Action Team