THIS WORKSHOP, OFFERED VIRTUALLY, WILL INTRODUCE STUDENTS TO THE BASICS OF CODING BY USING A VIRTUAL OZOBOT EMULATOR.
This workshop introduces students to computational thinking and the technology computer programmers may use. Students work through a series of challenges on Shape Tracer, a simulated Ozobot environment. They will learn how to program the robot to change colour, use loops and move in the most efficient way. This workshop will cover basic coding practices, no coding experience is required. If students have a physical Ozobot they can flash their code to their robot to see it play out in real life.
Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7
ADST Curricular Competencies:
- Questioning and Predicting
- Planning and Conducting
- Applying and Innovating
- Monday - Friday, 9:30am, 11:00am or 1:30pm
- October 1, 2020 - March 31, 2021
10–30 students, 30 maximum per session.
- Per student: computer or tablet with internet connection
- District- or school-approved platform for facilitator to talk with class (e.g. Teams, Google Classroom, Zoom)
- Physical ozobot for students