Science World's FREE Extravagant Evenings for Teens (SWEET) are back and better than ever!
SWEET Cityscapes: Mindful Urban Design for a Changing Climate
Tuesday, June 27, 2023
With a changing climate, a rising population, and a growing need for housing, transit, and public infrastructure, how can we shape the cities of tomorrow? How would you design your own city to meet such needs? Join us on June 27 and learn how urban design intersects with building climate resilient future.
All SWEET events are for teens. Admission is free, but registration is required.
Planned and run by Science World's high school volunteer Teen Advisory Group, SWEET events provide teens with a welcoming space to connect with peers who share similar interests and passions, engage in fun activities, and learn about the exciting world of STEAM!
Take a trip through our haunted theatre, learn how to create your own special effects, and experience some horror VR! Enjoy our creepy carnival games, and be sure to tune into our featured guest presenters and exhibitors!
Date: Friday, October 21
Explore the science that guides what you decide through amazing guest presenters, decision-making activities, and live shows!
Date: Friday, June 24
- Dr. Jiaying Zhao, Associate Professor in Psychology and Behavioural Scientist at UBC
- Carl Jensen, BC Behavioural Insights Group
- Jaden Phillips, Institute of Resources, Environment and Sustainability at UBC
- Megan Poulter, Gagan Hothi and Nicholas Latimer, UBC Teen Health & Emotions Study
- Living Lab team, UBC Department of Psychology
- Science World's Future Science Leaders