Students will thrive in a hands-on atmosphere, while investigating the Pixar process of making movies. Design sets, create 3D models and imagine inventive solutions, all while experiencing what it is like to work at an animation studio. This exhibition offers an inside look at
the production pipeline and concepts used at Pixar every day. Listen to firsthand accounts from members of the studios’ production teams and come face to face with recreations of your favorite Pixar film characters, including Buzz Lightyear, Dory, Mike and Sulley, Edna Mode and WALL•E! This exhibition highlights the integration of science, technology, engineering, art and math in storytelling.
Teacher Preview Night: May 22. RSVP Now.
During your visit, students will:
- Discover how science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) are interdependent when applied to create animated movies.
- Understand how complex problems and challenges in filmmaking are broken down into tasks
- Explore how computers make digital films possible.
- Learn about the many careers associated with digital filmmaking.
After your visit, students will:
- Appreciate the broad diversity of careers in STEAM.
- Understand how collaborative the filmmaking process is.
The Science Behind Pixar was developed by the Museum of Science, Boston in collaboration with Pixar Animation Studios. All Rights Reserved. Used Under Authorization. Images © Disney/Pixar.