We're back this Spring in an online format!
Preschool Curiosity Club is an online program for children ages 3 to 5 and their grown-ups.
Each four-week program is designed to encourage your preschooler to ask questions and make discoveries with a focus on one scientific theme. Online classes encourage STEAM (science, engineering, art and design, and math) learning through hands-on investigations, songs, experiments and other activities appropriate for young minds to encourage the natural curiosity from the comfort of your home.
We hope to see your little scientist in our virtual club!
Let’s Explore Light: Reflections, Shadows and Colour
Join us from the comfort of your home for this 4-week STEAM exploration into light, colour, reflections and shadows. Each week we’ll engage in hands-on investigations while having lots of fun. We'll explore how and why shadows are created, why we can see ourselves in shiny objects, why light passes through some objects but not others and lots more! Participants will be sent materials as part of our online program to ensure maximum engagement for STEAM learning can take place.
Tuesdays: Oct 19, 26, and Nov 2, 9
Time: 9:30am - 10:30am or 11:30am - 12:30pm
Early Coding: Coding without Computers
Join us from the comfort of your home for this 4-week STEAM exploration of unplugged coding (coding activities without devices). We’ll use story, songs and actions (all early coding) alongside lots of hands-on activities that will introduce your preschooler to coding through child-friendly themes: Robot Adventure, Musical Code, Caring for Animals and Super Sleuths! Participants will be sent materials as part of our online program to ensure maximum engagement for STEAM learning can take place.
Tuesdays: Nov 23, 30, and Dec 7, 14
Time: 9:30am-10:30am or 11:30am – 12:30pm
Materials will be mailed out 1 week prior to program start date.
Science World Members: $119
General Public: $139
(Prices are subject to tax)
Good stuff for you to know:
- Preschool Curiosity Club's online programming is suitable for children ages 3–5 years only.
- Classes will be hosted through Zoom.
- For the best interactive experience, families are expected to have their camera and microphone on during each class.
- You know your child best. Please consider whether your child is ready to spend 60 minutes participating in an online class.
- Space is limited to 10 children per program.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Adults are expected to fully participate in the program and learn with their child.
- Pro-rated refunds will not be given for absences or any other reason.
- Dates and programs are subject to change.
- All cancellations and modifications to registration are subject to a $25 administration fee.