Through Tech-Up, Science World is enhancing current province-wide programs for students and teachers to include coding and computational thinking.
We invite your participation in a survey exploring Science World’s role in supporting teachers, students and schools with these important curriculum priorities. We’d like to hear about your experiences with teaching and learning focused on coding, computational thinking and digital skills, as well as your classroom needs and hopes for the future. The survey should take 15-20 minutes of your time, closes May 28, and all survey participants will be entered into the prize draw.
- Choice of General Admission to TELUS World of Science in Vancouver (including The Science Behind Pixar and a Tech-Up school workshop) for two classes OR General Admission to The Exploration Place in Prince George (including a Tech-Up school workshop) OR a Science World On The Road visit to their school (Grand Prize)
- Class set of 15 micro:bits and 1 Little Codr board game (2 prizes)
- Little Codr board game (5 prizes)
For teachers, the Tech-Up project will involve the development of new coding and digital skills, barrier-free hands-on professional development experiences for educators. These new coding and digital skills training modules will be developed in consultation with expert learning technology teachers from the Vancouver School District (SD39). All training will support teachers to meaningfully incorporate coding and digital learning outcomes aligned with the provincial curriculum into their own classrooms.
- STEAM Days of Summer: Computational Thinking (Vancouver and Prince George, August 2018)
For students, the Tech-Up project will build upon Science World’s robust suite of facility-based and province-wide outreach programming. New content will be developed to deliver coding and computational thinking activities into well-established educational programs:
- Scientists & Innovators in the Schools
- Super Science Club after-school workshops
- School Workshops
- Library Kits
- Tech-up Showcase events
All components will be provided free-of-charge. School Workshops will be enhanced with full day field trip experiences offered free at TELUS World of Science in Vancouver and The Exploration Place in Prince George.
For more information, contact us at [email protected]