At Science World, we believe that part of making science learning accessible is to create a safe environment. When you engage with our online content, you’re entering an extension of our dome and a place of learning.
That’s why comments across Science World’s social media channels are moderated. Posted comments must directly relate to the information and/or topics of discussion on the post in question, and any comments that fall outside of these guidelines will be addressed as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to remove and/or hide comments that infringe on these guidelines including comments about removed discussions. The views expressed within posted comments do not necessarily reflect those of Science World and its employees.
Comments containing the following will not be allowed:
- Hate speech
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity
- Defamation to a person, people, or organization
- Name calling and/or personal attacks
- Statements for or against a specific bill, law, or candidate for political office
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile
- Comments whose main purpose is to sell a product
- Inappropriate or unrelated links
- Threats or comments that suggest committing a criminal act
- Attempts to mobilize people for any purpose outside of a Science World event
- Content or reasoning based on demonstrably false statements and/or inauthentic content or activity
- Language or content that is potentially harmful, advocates harm and/or incites harm or constitutes a potential threat to public or personal safety
- Other comments that Science World deems inappropriate or harmful