Provided by Jo-Ann Coggan
- 5 Tbsp (45 ml) butter
- ½ cup (125 ml) white sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 4 very ripe bananas, well mashed
- 1 ¾ cups (425 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- ½ cup (125 ml) whipping cream (not whipped)
- Coat bottom and sides of loaf pan with oil or butter.
- Beat butter in a bowl until light and fluffy, add both sugars and beat well. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended. Add mashed bananas and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to banana mixture a bit at a time, alternating with the cream and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius) for approximately 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and wrap the loaf in plastic wrap. Leave it on the counter overnight and enjoy the next day.