What makes a rocket, a rocket? “Launch” an inquiry at home or in your classroom today with our unit on rockets. Rockets are a great context to explore the concepts of forces, pressure, or chemical change.
Big Ideas covered:
- Forces influence the motion of an object.
- Materials can be changed through chemical processes.
- All matter is made of particles.
- Energy comes in a variety of forms that can be transferred from one object to another.
- Matter has mass and takes up space.
- Machines are devices that transfer force and energy.
- Newton’s three laws of motion describe the relationship between force and motion.
Up for more science activities to try at home or in the classroom? Visit our free, online resources database.