Thank you for your interest in summer camps at Science World.
During Science World's closure to the public, our team has been working hard to determine how our annual summer programming can reopen, while closely following the recommendations of provincial and public health authorities.
After careful consideration, we have decided not to open registration for summer camps this year.
This difficult decision comes after running numerous scenarios and finding it challenging that have proved difficult to remain socially distanced with the number of staff and space needed to run the summer camp. While we hoped to find a safe way to welcome your child this summer, the safety and well-being of our campers and staff is the utmost priority.
We are continuing to explore options for online summer activities for families, and working hard on sharing our content online. On behalf of our whole team here at Science World, stay safe. We hope to see you again soon.
Summer Science Camp Policies
- An inability to understand directions or to speak with our instructors presents a safety hazard and may result in dismissal from a program. Good English communication skills are essential. Falsification of registration information may result in dismissal without refund.
- Camp programming is the same each week throughout the summer. Due to high demand, each camper can only register for one week of Science World camps.
- Refunds are available up to two weeks prior to the first day of the program. After this time, NO REFUNDS will be given. All refunds will be subject to a $25 administrative fee per course. Pro-rated refunds are not available for absence or for any other reason, including injury or illness.
- Changes to dates will also be subject to a $25 administration fee.
- Member’s rate: Please note attendee and purchaser must be active Members at the time of booking to receive the discounted Members’ rate.
- Camps are organized by birth year to ensure that campers have the most age-appropriate experience. We cannot accommodate any requests to move a camper to a different group.
- Photos and videos taken during camp may be used for Science World promotional materials, publications and advertisements. Parents may request that no photos or videos be taken of their children.
- Science World will not assume responsibility for children before or after camp. A $25 late fee may be charged if campers are picked up after the scheduled pick-up time. Repeated late pick-ups may result in the cancellation of camp registration. No refund will be issued.
- We want our camps to be safe for everyone. Science World reserves the right to refuse admission or dismiss any participant from camp in order to ensure the safety and enjoyment of fellow participants and our staff and volunteers.
- All campers attending the Kinder camps are expected to be fully potty-trained by their first day of camp.
- For the full Science World policies, visit scienceworld.ca/purchase-policies
All prices are subject to tax and may change without notice. Read our complete purchase and refund policies for tickets, Memberships, gift cards and Science World courses and camps.
We offer bursaries to students who cold otherwise not afford to attend our camp programs. Bursaries subsidize 505-80% of the registration fees as needed. The balance of the fees must be provided by another sources before we can process camp registration.
Thank you to our donors
Our 2020 Summer Science Camps bursaries would not be possible without the generous support of:
TELUS Community Ambassadors
Looking for more information? Download a PDF of our Science Camp Policies and FAQs.