Teacher Series: Computational Thinking
Science World is pleased to introduce a new way for K to 9 teachers and teacher candidates to learn and connect with others in the teaching community around a topic in Computational Thinking. These free 2 hour workshops will be held after-school at TELUS World of Science, between November and mid-March, and pre-registration is required. We are excited to offer a number of these sessions en français!
- November 13 – Introduction to computational thinking
- November 28 – Coding without computers
- December 6 – Introduction à la pensée informatique
Keep an eye out in December to sign up for sessions starting in January:
- La programmation sans technologie
- Computational Thinking across the curriculum
- Enseignement interdisciplinaire: comment intégrer la pensée informatique dans vos leçons
- Assessing Computational Thinking through interdisciplinary activities
- L’évaluation de la pensée informatique à travers des activités interdisciplinaire
- Using Micro: bits for project-based learning
Each session is based on Science World’s professional development offerings for teachers.