Science parallels art as a subject matter and a source of inspiration.
Here at Science World, we are delighted to work with local artists who are interested in and inspired by science. You will see their artwork on the walls in the dome. Past displays have included work by Peter Holmes, Sharon Kallis, Jan de Beer, Andy Wright, Woonam Kim and famed pet photographer Pete Thorne. We also host an annual display of the Nikon Small World Photomicrography Competition winners, and hosted Art the Science’s RE:Composition digital art show.
Be included in the upcoming show by Bettina Harvey!
We're looking for photos of people expressing all kinds of moods (sad, happy, excited, indifferent, it’s up to you!), to be considered for inclusion in an upcoming video art work titled Mood Ring, by artist Bettina Harvey, to be displayed at Science World starting November 4th. Please see https://www.bettinaharvey.com/mood-ring to get a feel for the project and how the photos will be used.
How to Participate :
- Take a few photos of yourself expressing different moods against a simple, light-coloured background
- Submit your photos here: https://upload.crowdriff.com/science-world-cfd193bd
- Smartphone photos are great!
- Centre yourself in the frame, and only photograph from shoulders up
- Photos should be landscape-oriented (wide, not tall)
- Send us the highest resolution you are able (filesize should be around 1MB)
By uploading your photos, you agree that you have all the necessary rights and permissions to do so, and give permission be included in a video art piece titled Mood Ring by Bettina Harvey. Submitting your photos does not guarantee inclusion in the work.