Science World works closely with local health authorities to ensure our facilities meets or exceeds the current requirements of the CDC and Vancouver Coastal Health. You’ll even spot our new animatronic dinosaur wearing a mask!
The following health and safety protocols are part of your agreement to visit Science World:
- Masks continue to be mandatory for staff and visitors ages 6 and over to ensure the safety of those who have not been vaccinated, including children under 12.
- In compliance with public health recommendations, we will no longer allow entry to visitors wearing beard masks, plastic masks, face or mouth shields (unless wearing a mask underneath), masks with valves, neck gaiters or mesh and lace masks.
- For the safety of our visitors and staff, please stay home if you or anyone in your household has a fever, is demonstrating any COVID-19 symptoms or does not feel well.
- All visitors must take the BC COVID-19 Self-Check prior to arrival to ensure that they are NOT exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Visitors aged 12 and over are now required to show proof of vaccination to gain entry to Science World.
When you arrive:
- Please only approach the front door when it is your time slot to avoid crowding at the entrance. There will be a sign on the door letting you know what time slot we are accepting.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided by Science World when entering and exiting the building.
- Please maintain a 2-metre physical distance between you and other visitors and staff.
- Please bring minimal belongings with you. Lockers are available for rent for $1.
- Public coatrooms and stroller parking are unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.
While you’re here:
- The Peter Brown Family Centre Stage and OMNIMAX® are currently closed. We look forward to reopening in the near future!
- Triple O’s and Snack Lab are closed. Visitors may still use the snacking area located at Triple O's.
- The touchless water bottle filling stations will be functioning. The hands-on buttons and bubblers (the part you put your mouth near) will not be functioning.
- The Climb exhibit in the Wonder Gallery is closed until further notice.
- The Wonder Gallery is now open at a reduced capacity. Be advised that waitlists may close by 2pm on busy days.
- In compliance with public health orders, please stay within your core bubble (immediate household only) and keep children supervised at all times.
- Please be respectful towards staff and follow their directions.
- There will be no tolerance for any racism or discrimination towards other visitors or staff. Any misconduct, including failure to comply with our Visitor Code of Conduct, will result in removal from the facility without a refund.
- There will be no tolerance for abusive behaviour towards our staff. Any misconduct, including threats or insults, will result in removal from the facility without refund.
- In compliance with public health guidelines, any visitor exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will be safely escorted from the facility (along with their group) and issued a full refund. It is recommended that individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms self-isolate.
About your timed-ticket entry:
- Tickets are non-transferable in order to maintain our ability to contact trace if necessary.
- If you would like to reschedule your visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will gladly assist you. Please note that if you choose to cancel your reservation, we will not be able to provide a refund.
- Children 2 and under get in free and those 12 and under must be supervised by an adult.
- Please keep your visit within a maximum of 3 hours. Be advised that tickets with timed entry for 4pm gives visitors up to 1 hour to explore Science World before closing.
- For information on rescheduling and refunds, as well as a full list of passes, coupons and other discounts accepted, please read through our Ticketing FAQ.