Science World works closely with local health authorities to ensure our facilities meets or exceeds the current requirements of the CDC and Vancouver Coastal Health. You’ll even spot our new animatronic dinosaur wearing a mask!
The following health and safety protocols are part of your agreement to visit Science World:
- Masks are mandatory for staff and visitors ages 6 and over.
- In compliance with public health recommendations, we will no longer allow entry to visitors wearing face shields (unless wearing a mask underneath) or masks with valves.
- For the safety of our visitors and staff, please stay home if you or anyone in your household has a fever, is demonstrating any COVID-19 symptoms or does not feel well.
- All visitors must take the BC COVID-19 Self-Check prior to arrival to ensure that they are NOT exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please bring minimal belongings into the building with you. There will be no lockers, public coatrooms or stroller parking available. We apologize for the inconvenience.
When you arrive:
- Please only approach the front door when it is your time slot to avoid crowding at the entrance. There will be a sign on the door letting you know what time slot we are accepting.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided by Science World when entering and exiting the building.
- Please make sure to maintain a 2-metre physical distance between you and other visitors and staff.
- The Peter Brown Family Centre Stage, Wonder Gallery, Ken Spencer Science Park , OMNIMAX® and Science Theatre are currently closed.
We look forward to reopening in the near future!
- Wonder Gallery, OMNIMAX® Theatre and Ken Spencer Science Park are currently closed.
While you’re here:
- Triple O’s, Snack Lab and food vending machines will be closed. If you have a health condition that requires you to have snacks/beverages during your visit, please bring them with you and consume only when seated and physically distanced from other visitors in our express eating area, located in the Triple O’s restaurant seating area.
- The touchless water bottle filling stations will be functioning. The hands-on buttons and bubblers (the part you put your mouth near) will not be functioning.
- Please make sure that your family or group stays close together and that children are supervised at all times.
- Please be respectful towards staff and follow their directions.
- There will be no tolerance for any racism or discrimination towards other visitors or staff. Any misconduct, including failure to comply with our Visitor Code of Conduct, will result in removal from the facility without a refund.
- In compliance with public health guidelines, any visitor exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will be safely escorted from the facility (along with their group) and issued a full refund. It is recommended that individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms self-isolate.
About your timed-ticket entry:
- Tickets are non-transferable in order to maintain our ability to contact trace if necessary.
- If you would like to reschedule your visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will gladly assist you. Please note that if you choose to cancel your reservation, we will not be able to provide a refund.
- Children 2 and under get in free and those under 12 must be supervised by an adult.
- Please keep your visit within a maximum of 3 hours. Be advised that tickets with timed entry for 4pm gives visitors up to 1 hour to explore Science World before closing.