Science World is open 7 days a week from 10 am — 5pm and ready to ignite curiosity and wonder through our galleries and exhibits. Our teams have put thoughtful consideration into ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for Members, visitors and staff. Members can enjoy early access to the dome at 9:30am every day!
"We had a great time at Science World today! The limited amount of people, the hand sanitizing stations, the directional walking, the staff, everything! I was never uncomfortable, and felt pretty safe during this time of COVID. Keep it up! I hope to visit again soon!"
We ask that all Members, visitors and staff:
- Wear a mask
Masks continue to be mandatory for staff and visitors ages 6 and over to ensure the safety of those who have not been vaccinated, including children under 12.
We do NOT provide exceptions or permit plastic masks, face or mouth shields (unless wearing a mask underneath), masks with valves or neck gaiters. Visitors unable to wear masks can access Dome At-Home to enjoy experiments and films virtually.
- Maintain a healthy distance
Did you know that the migratory Arctic caribou is about 2 metres in length? That's the physical distance visitors will need to keep from staff and other visitors.
- Treat visitors and staff with respect
Science World is committed to ensuring our facilities uphold anti-racist values that allow visitors to feel safe and welcomed. There will be no tolerance for any racism or discrimination (including microaggressions) towards staff or visitors.
Members and visitors can also read through our health and safety protocols to learn what to expect during their visit to the dome.
When you arrive:
- Please only approach the front door when it is your time slot to avoid crowding at the entrance. There will be a sign on the door letting you know what time slot we are accepting.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided by Science World when entering and exiting the building.
- Please be respectful towards staff and follow their directions.
- Please maintain a 2-metre physical distance between you and other visitors and staff.
- Please bring minimal belongings with you. Lockers are available for rent for $1.
- Public coatrooms and stroller parking are unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- If you're driving you can download the hangTag app for contactless parking payment when you arrive.
We strive to make a visit to Science World accessible and enjoyable for everyone. Read through our Universal Accessibility for a complete overview of our accessibility features.
"Science World is a great place for kids to have fun, learn and explore science related subjects and activities. The entrance fees are affordable and there are a lot of fun and interactive games and sections for kids and adults."
Temporarily Closed Spaces
Please note that the following galleries and spaces are closed:
- Peter Brown Family Centre Stage
- Triple O’s and Snack Lab
- The Climb exhibit in the Wonder Gallery
- The ball section of the water table in Eureka! Gallery
The Wonder Gallery is now open at a reduced capacity. Be advised that waitlists may close by 2pm on busy days.
Book your ticket:
Your ticket reserves timed-entry for your visit to the dome. Members and visitors are strongly encouraged to book tickets before arriving as walk-up tickets are limited and subject to availability.
About your timed-ticket entry:
- Tickets are non-transferable in order to maintain our ability to contact trace if necessary.
- Children 2 and under get in free and those 12 and under must be supervised by an adult.
- Please keep your visit within a maximum of 3 hours. Be advised that tickets with timed entry for 4pm gives visitors up to 1 hour to explore Science World before closing.
- For information on rescheduling and refunds, as well as a full list of passes, coupons and other discounts accepted, please read through our Ticketing FAQ.
Reserve, Reschedule, or Book as a Group
If you require assistance with reserving, rescheduling, or booking a visit for a group of up to 10 people, please contact email@example.com and our team will gladly assist you. Please note that if you choose to cancel your reservation, we will not be able to provide a refund.
"We have been to Science World 3 times since it reopened and we love it. With a limited number of people, it's so clean and the people are great."
We gratefully acknowledge that Science World is located on the traditional, unceded xwməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and Səlí̓lwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) village site of Sen̓áḵw.