We kindly ask for your patience as the dome remains open during construction, which will affect parts of our first and second floors.
Science Theatre: Closed from January 19 to February 5
Eureka! Gallery: Closed from January 30 to February 10
We look forward to welcoming you back to Eureka! and the Science Theatre once the upgrades are complete.
Ken Spencer Science Park: Will reopen in Spring 2023
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Free Admission for Indigenous Peoples
Science World is honoured to host Sacred Journey, to share a powerful story of canoe resurgence as told by its leaders, and to uphold narratives of Indigenous Peoples as knowledge keepers.
To celebrate, we're offering free admission for Indigenous Peoples from July 15–Feb 20, 2023.
You are welcome to walk up in-person for a free visit. Please let the Admissions staff know you are using the coupon code "SACREDJOURNEYSW” or that you self-identify as Indigenous. You can also purchase a ticket on our website with the same code.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected] and our team will gladly assist you.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, Science World has taken an evidence-based approach to our health and safety protocols, following the advice of the Public Health Office. We continue to have hand sanitization stations inside and outside the dome, and extra cleaning measures are in place.
With a theatre, activities, events and workshops that gather 50 or more people, including our Live Science Shows, Science World will continue to uphold a safe community and is committed to taking all the precautionary measures to protect the health of our communities.
We ask for your patience as we implement new procedures. We ask that all visitors continue to be kind, calm and safe—especially to our staff, who comply with regulations and protocols recommended by the provincial health authorities.
We also ask all visitors to be respectful of other people’s comfort levels, and respect each other's choices.
We ask that all those visiting Science World:
- Stay Home if Unwell
For the safety of our visitors and staff, please stay home if you or anyone in your household has a fever, is demonstrating any COVID-19 symptoms, or does not feel well.
- Treat Visitors and Staff with Respect
Science World is committed to ensuring our facilities uphold anti-racist values that allow visitors to feel safe and welcomed. There will be no tolerance for any racism or discrimination (including microaggressions) toward staff or visitors.
Members and visitors can also read through our health and safety protocols to learn what to expect during their visit to the dome.
Temporarily Closed Spaces
Please note that the following galleries and spaces are closed:
- The Ken Spencer Science Park
- Science Theatre closed: January 19-February 5
- Eureka Gallery closed: January 30 - February 10
When you arrive:
- We encourage you to use the hand sanitizer provided by Science World when entering and exiting the building.
- Please be respectful towards staff and follow their directions.
- Stroller parking is unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- If you're driving you can download the hangTag app for contactless parking payment when you arrive.
- The Wonder Gallery is open at a reduced capacity. Be advised that waitlists may close by 2pm on busy days.
We strive to make a visit to Science World accessible and enjoyable for everyone. Read through our Accessibility page for a complete overview of our accessibility features.
"Science World is a great place for kids to have fun, learn and explore science related subjects and activities. The entrance fees are affordable and there are a lot of fun and interactive games and sections for kids and adults."
Booking your ticket:
- Science World has returned to full capacity and timed ticketing is no longer in effect. Members and visitors are still welcome to book their visit online if they choose.
- Tickets cannot be transferred or rescheduled. We encourage you to purchase your tickets on arrival at Admissions if you are unsure about the specific date or time you want to visit.
- Children 2 and under get in free and those 12 and under must be supervised by an adult.
- Please try to keep your visit within a maximum of 3 hours.
- For more information please read through our Ticketing FAQ.
Please contact our team at [email protected] if you have any questions about your Membership. Due to the volume of inquiries, please note any emails will be responded to within 48 hours.
Book as a Group
If you require assistance with booking a visit for a group of 10 people or more, please contact [email protected] and our team will gladly assist you.
Please note: If you choose to cancel your reservation, we will not be able to provide a refund.