Science World is open 7 days a week from 10 am — 5pm and ready to ignite curiosity and wonder through our galleries and exhibits.
Since the beginning of the pandemic Science World has taken an evidence-based approach to our health and safety protocols. This means we have ensured spaces inside and outside the dome are equipped with hand sanitization stations, proper distancing measures, extra cleaning and that a mandatory mask policy has always been required to enter the building.
With a theatre, activities, events and workshops that gather 50 or more people including our Live Science Shows, Science World will continue to uphold a safe community by requiring proof of vaccination for your visit. In addition to keeping our Members, visitors and staff safe, this is especially important in supporting the safety of children under the age of 12 who cannot be vaccinated.
Visitors aged 12 and over are required to show proof of vaccination to gain entry to Science World. Visitors must be prepared to show:
- A BC Vaccine Card, OR
- Other forms of proof of partial or full vaccination, such as an immunization record card from a clinic, pharmacy, or local health authority (until September 26). After September 26, only a BC Vaccine Card will be accepted.
- A provincially/territorially recognized vaccine record for guests visiting from outside BC.
- Proof of vaccination used to enter Canada for guests visiting from outside Canada.
Visitors aged 19 and over must also be prepared to show a valid government photo ID:
- Driver's License
- BC Services Card
Please note: After October 24, all visitors will be required to be fully vaccinated.
Admission tickets already purchased online will be fully and automatically refunded through the original methods of payment for visitors who are unable to provide proof of vaccination.
Science World is committed to taking all the precautionary measures to protect the health of our communities. We ask for your patience as we implement new procedures. We also ask that all visitors continue to be kind, calm and safe—especially to our staff who are complying with regulations and protocols recommended by the provincial health authorities.
"We had a great time at Science World today! The limited amount of people, the hand sanitizing stations, the directional walking, the staff, everything! I was never uncomfortable, and felt pretty safe during this time of COVID. Keep it up! I hope to visit again soon!"
We ask that all those visiting Science World:
- Wear a mask and show proof of vaccination
Masks continue to be mandatory for staff and visitors ages 6 and over to ensure the safety of those who have not been vaccinated, including children under 12. We may provide medical exemption for visitors with medical conditions or with physical or cognitive disabilities that limit the ability to put on a mask without assistance.
We do NOT provide exceptions or permit plastic masks, face or mouth shields (unless wearing a mask underneath), masks with valves, neck gaiters or mesh and lace masks.
Visitors over 12 are also required to show proof of vaccination. If you're unable to wear a mask or show proof of vaccination, you can access Dome At-Home to enjoy experiments and films virtually.
- Maintain a healthy distance
Did you know that the migratory Arctic caribou is about 2 metres in length? That's the physical distance visitors will need to keep from staff and other visitors.
- Treat visitors and staff with respect
Science World is committed to ensuring our facilities uphold anti-racist values that allow visitors to feel safe and welcomed. There will be no tolerance for any racism or discrimination (including microaggressions) towards staff or visitors.
Members and visitors can also read through our health and safety protocols to learn what to expect during their visit to the dome.
Temporarily Closed Spaces
Please note that the following galleries and spaces are closed:
- Peter Brown Family Centre Stage
- Triple O’s and Snack Lab
- The Climb exhibit in the Wonder Gallery
The Wonder Gallery is open at a reduced capacity. Be advised that waitlists may close by 2pm on busy days.
When you arrive:
- Please only approach the front door when it is your time slot to avoid crowding at the entrance. There will be a sign on the door letting you know what time slot we are accepting.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided by Science World when entering and exiting the building.
- Please be respectful towards staff and follow their directions.
- Please maintain a 2-metre physical distance between you and other visitors and staff.
- Please bring minimal belongings with you. Lockers are available for rent for $1.
- Public coatrooms and stroller parking are unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- If you're driving you can download the hangTag app for contactless parking payment when you arrive.
We strive to make a visit to Science World accessible and enjoyable for everyone. Read through our Universal Accessibility for a complete overview of our accessibility features.
"Science World is a great place for kids to have fun, learn and explore science related subjects and activities. The entrance fees are affordable and there are a lot of fun and interactive games and sections for kids and adults."
Book your ticket:
Your ticket reserves timed-entry for your visit to the dome. Members and visitors are strongly encouraged to book tickets before arriving as walk-up tickets are limited and subject to availability.
About your timed-ticket entry:
- Tickets are non-transferable in order to maintain our ability to contact trace if necessary.
- Children 2 and under get in free and those 12 and under must be supervised by an adult.
- Please keep your visit within a maximum of 3 hours. Be advised that tickets with timed entry for 4pm gives visitors up to 1 hour to explore Science World before closing.
- For information on rescheduling and refunds, as well as a full list of passes, coupons and other discounts accepted, please read through our Ticketing FAQ.
Please contact our team at email@example.com if you have any questions about your Membership. Due to the volume of inquiries, please note any emails will be responded to within 48 hours.
Reserve, Reschedule, or Book as a Group
If you require assistance with reserving, rescheduling, or booking a visit for a group of 10 people or more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will gladly assist you. Please note that if you choose to cancel your reservation, we will not be able to provide a refund.
"We have been to Science World 3 times since it reopened and we love it. With a limited number of people, it's so clean and the people are great."
We gratefully acknowledge that Science World is located on the traditional, unceded xwməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and Səlí̓lwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) village site of Sen̓áḵw.