Have a few hours to spare? Make an impact.
Volunteers in our core volunteer program represent a wonderful cross-section of people with diverse backgrounds, ages and interests, each one contributing in their own special way. Volunteers receive a wide array of benefits, including challenging and rewarding job responsibilities, training, lounge privileges, inclusion in staff events, restaurant and store discounts, a recognition program and educational and learning opportunities.
What you need to know
- You must be at least 16 years old.
- You must commit to a minimum of 100 hours of volunteer service.
- We will ask you to volunteer for a 2–4 hour shift once per week.
- There are 2 intake and training sessions each year—Spring and Fall. There also may be the possibility of specific recruitment for volunteers, as required.
Our Fall Intake is now closed. Please check this website for volunteer opportunities during our Spring Intake 2019.
Please also check our other volunteer opportunities on the left.
We are seeking energetic volunteers to support our exclusive signature fundraising event, Science of Cocktails on Thursday, February 7, 2019 from 6pm-midnight. Volunteers will be supporting an important fundraiser as proceeds from this event will go towards providing field trips to Science World for students from under-served schools in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
- Must be 19+ to volunteer for this event
- Enthusiasm to be part of team that is somewhat fast-paced
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, outgoing, and enjoy meeting people
- Great attitude!
- Movement required - ability to stand on your feet for several hours
If interested, please complete the volunteer application form.