Browse our Field Trip Catalogue to see what's available and learn about all our curriculum-connected offerings. Our programs are designed by education specialists and reflect British Columbia’s transformed curriculum. Each program provides content enrichment for a "Big Idea" and opportunities to exercise and extend students’ core competencies.
Download our Field Trip Checklist to guide you as you plan (Update coming soon!).
Review our Field Trip Rates and Policies
Do you teach at an underserved school? Consider applying for a Class Bursary.
Are you able to visit Science World ahead of time to plan your field trip in person? Find out about our Teacher Preview Pass.
We are now fully booked for in-person field trips for the remaining 2022 school year. If you are interested in booking an Online Science Adventure, please email [email protected]
As an alternative to a workshop or field trip to Science World, bring STEM into your classroom via our FREE volunteer mentors from the Scientists and Innovators in Schools (SIS) program.
Field Trip Policies:
Health and Safety:
- For the safety of our visitors and staff, please stay home if you or anyone in your household has a fever, is demonstrating any COVID-19 symptoms or does not feel well.
- All visitors should consider taking the BC COVID-19 Self-Check prior to arrival to ensure that they are NOT exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
Booking and Cancellation:
- School rates only available for BC schools registered with the Ministry of Education.
- School rates only available Monday-Friday except for statutory holidays.
- No passes or coupons other than Science World Memberships are accepted with school group bookings
- Full lump sum payment is required by debit, Visa, MasterCard, cash or cheque payable to “ASTC Science World Society”. Direct billing available upon request at booking time. Some conditions may apply.
- For cancellations made with less than 14 days notice, a $60 administration fee applies.
- Visitors arriving separately from the group will be charged the public admission rate.
- School group rates only valid from September 8, 2021–June 30, 2022 (not available during Winter/Spring breaks)
- Science World may make changes to these policies at any time.
Resources for preparing students and chaperones:
- Take the BC COVID-19 Self-Check
All visitors should consider taking the BC COVID-19 Self-Check prior to arrival to ensure that they are NOT exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19. For the safety of our visitors and staff, please stay home if you or anyone in your household has a fever, is demonstrating any COVID-19 symptoms or does not feel well.
- Treat visitors and staff with respect
Science World is committed to ensuring our facilities uphold anti-racist values that allow visitors to feel safe and welcomed. There will be no tolerance for any racism or discrimination (including microaggressions) towards staff or visitors.
Chaperones can also read through our health and safety protocols to learn what to expect during their visit to the dome.
Watch this video with students and chaperones.
Share information about our universal accessibility resources–including a sensory map and a social storybook developed in partnership with the Canucks Autism Network–with students, teachers, and Education Assistants.
Download a worksheet to encourage grade-appropriate exploration in our various galleries while on your field trip. There's one for:
How to get here
By transit: Science World is located at the Main Street–Science World SkyTrain Station. Visit Translink to plan your trip.
By school bus: Students can be dropped off right in front of the building using the lay-by, accessible via our parking lot off of Quebec Street. Buses can then easily exit the parking lot back onto Quebec Street at the south end of the lot.
Please note: Science World does NOT have parking for school buses. View map.
By personal vehicle: If carpooling is the best option for your group, there are two parking lots available immediately outside our building, off Quebec Street.