Steps to book Science World
Our reservable online programs are designed by education specialists and reflect British Columbia’s transformed curriculum. Each program provides content enrichment for a "Big Idea" and opportunities to exercise and extend students’ core competencies.
Tech-Up Virtual Coding Workshops
In these workshops, Tech-Up facilitators lead a session for your students to understand the fundamentals of coding and computational thinking through multiple activities that support learning. All workshops are tailored to grade level curriculum connections for ADST.
|2 - 4||Bee Bot Bop|
|4 - 7||Say It With Scratch|
|4 - 7||Discover Ozobots|
|7 - 9||Marvelous micro:bits|
These programs are part of Tech-Up, Science World's initiative to enhance existing programs to include coding and computational thinking.
New! Online Science Adventure
Online Science Adventures is an interactive, high-energy Science World program developed for schools across BC. Each dynamic and engaging session provides an experiential learning experience through live demonstrations and experiments, with activities and resources that can continue in-class learnings.
Availability is limited and special pricing is available between January 4-March 31, 2021 only. Request a session today!
- School group rates only available for BC schools registered with the Ministry of Education and Licensed Preschools
- No passes or coupons are accepted with school group bookings
- Full lump-sum payment is required: Visa or MasterCard (will be charged ahead of the booking), or cheque payable to "ASTC Science World Society". Direct school billing available upon request at booking. Some conditions may apply.
- For cancellations made with less than 7 days' notice, a $60 administration fee applies and Science World will send an invoice for this amount to your school.
- If your group is more than 10 minutes late to the confirmed start time for a reserved program the program will not be delivered and your school will be invoiced for the full price. Science World will re-schedule your program (subject to availability).
- Science World may make changes to these policies at any time.
Review all communication from Science World to ensure that your classroom meets technology requirements. We'll send a meeting link and pre-visit information at least one week ahead of your confirmed program. We encourage teachers to test all set up ahead of time (feel free to schedule a practice session with us!).
Thank You to Our Donors
Science World offerings for underserved schools would not be possible without the generous support of the following:
Proceeds from Science of Cocktails
We acknowledge the financial assistance of the Province of British Columbia